Placing Baby for Adoption in Colorado
If you are pregnant or have a newborn baby and you are considering adoption, we are the best adoption agencies across Colorado that can help.
If you are not ready to parent, don’t want a baby, or you are not in a situation that you can handle a baby/child, adoption might be the best option for you. Adoption Choices of Colorado are the adoption agencies in Colorado that can help you create an adoption plan, where you are in control of decisions. You can pick an adoptive family based on your preferences, have an open or closed adoption, develop a hospital plan, receive financial assistance, support, and post-placement communication and counseling. We offer 24/7 pregnancy and adoption counseling. We are here for you!
In Colorado, adoption services are available with our adoption agency. For over 20 years, Adoption Choices of Colorado has been providing pregnant women from Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Fort Collins, and all across Colorado extensive support, resources, and guidance throughout their pregnancy and adoption process.
Why do Women Give Up Baby for Adoption?
It’s common to hear “give up baby” for adoption but we want you to understand that adoption is not giving up. Choosing to make an adoption plan is brave, loving decision. If you are pregnant and considering adoption or curious as to why a woman might choose adoption, here are a few situations we have experience in helping a woman through the adoption process:
- She doesn’t want a baby/child (or another child)
- She’s not ready for a baby/child
- She can’t afford to raise a baby/child (or another child)
- She wants to further her education or career goals
- She does not want to raise a baby alone/she doesn’t have support to raise a baby/child
- She was sexually assaulted and doesn’t want to raise the baby
- She can’t provide a safe/stable home for a baby/child
- She is going to jail/prison for a substantial amount of time
- Children services is going to take the baby away when it’s born
- She thought she could handle a baby but now realizes she can’t
- She feels too young to raise a baby/child
- She feels too old to raise a baby/child
- She isn’t prepared to raise a baby with special needs
- She wants her baby to be raised by a family is different than her; perhaps more financially stable and can provide a life for the child that she can’t
- She does not want to terminate the pregnancy but also does not want to keep the baby
There are so many reasons a woman might choose adoption and they are all okay! There is nothing wrong with you for not wanting to keep this child.
Private Adoption in Colorado
What does private adoption mean?
In general, there are three main types of adoption:
- Foster care adoption
- International adoption
- Private domestic adoption
“Private adoption” may also be called“domestic adoption” or “infant adoption”.
So, what is it? A private adoption occurs when hopeful adoptive parents work with a private adoption agency to adopt a baby from within the U.S. On the other side of this process, a prospective birth mother voluntarily chooses to create an adoption plan for her baby. In foster care and international adoption, children are often waiting for families due to causes outside the mother’s control.
Adoption Choices of Colorado is a full-service, fully-licensed, nonprofit private adoption agency.
IF YOU ARE AN EXPECTANT MOTHER in COLORADO, COPING WITH
AN UNPLANNED PREGNANCY OR UNTIMELY BIRTH
5 STEPS FOR
We are here 24/7 – you can call, text or e-mail anytime that works for you.
TALK TO AN ADOPTION COUNSELOR
Set up a confidential orientation to explore your options.
SELECT AN ADOPTIVE FAMILY
Choose from the customized adoptive families that match your criteria.
COMPLETE YOUR ADOPTION PLAN
Meet with a Pregnancy Counselor for pre-birth counseling and support, create your hospital plan, and meet the adoptive family (if you choose).
POST PLACEMENT SUPPORT
We offer monthly support group and lifelong counseling to all birth mothers.