Local Adoptions – Adoption in Colorado
A local adoption agency means you have support near you, right here at home! Adoption Choices of Colorado is licensed by the state of Colorado and LOCAL. Unlike national adoption agencies that work with prospective birth mothers and adoptive parents across the United States, local adoption agencies only work within a particular region or state. While there are plenty of local adoption agencies that specialize in private domestic adoptions, there are also local adoption agencies in every state that focus on either international or foster care adoptions. We are RIGHT HERE, LOCAL for you!
What Services do Local Adoption Agencies Provide?
Local adoption agencies offer many of the same services that national adoption agencies are well‐known for. Here are some services that Adoption Choices of Colorado can provide:
- Unplanned pregnancy support
- Adoption planning
- Matching services
- Counseling and educational resources
- Hospital and birth planning
- Post-placement communication, counseling, and support
WHAT ARE THE PROS OF WORKING WITH A LOCAL ADOPTION AGENCY?
There are several reasons why you might consider working with a local adoption agency over a national one. Before you decide, here are the top reasons why you should work with a local adoption agency:
Pros of Local Adoption Agencies
- Local adoption agencies are licensed by their state’s government, which means their files and procedures reviewed every year and are thoroughly regulated by the state.
- This helps give adoptive families and prospective birth mothers peace of mind when working locally.
- You will be able to meet your adoption specialist in person.
- Having face‐to‐face contact can help you feel more secure in the adoption process.
- Of course, due to COVID, we will work with you with whatever form of communication you are comfortable with! We can meet via video, telephone, or just text if that’s how you’re comfortable!
- Having a smaller client list means that we are better equipped to handle your needs!
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and want to learn more about your adoption options, contact Adoption Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.