Why Should I Choose an Adoption Agency in Colorado
First and foremost, by choosing an adoption agency like Adoption Choices of Colorado, you are choosing support! Facing an unplanned pregnancy is hard enough than to worry about money and stress.
A licensed adoption agency will provide both financial support and emotional support (counseling). We are there for you every step of the way; you don’t have to make this difficult decision alone. We will assist you with your needs throughout the pregnancy, help you choose a family for your child, and take care of the legal paperwork.
Finding an adoption agency in Colorado can be daunting and frustrating. Many agencies are trying to get your attention via print advertising, social media, and internet sites. It is important that a birth parents work with an agency where they feel comfortable and confident!
As you research adoption agencies, please consider the following.
An adoption agency should:
- Guarantee the birth parents that they have the right to make their own decisions regarding the placement of their child without influence or coercion.
- Educate the birth family regarding all their adoption options and parenting options.
- Allow and encourage the birth family to choose the adoptive family for their child (via meetings with prospective adoptive families or family profiles).
- Support the birth family and prospective adoptive family as they build a relationship (if chosen).
- Never influence or pressure the birth parent(s) into a decision.
- Help the birth family get a lawyer and understand the adoption legal process.
- Assist the birth family to get needed services (e.g. housing, maternity clothing, prenatal medical care, etc)
- Support the birth family’s emotional needs and provide counseling services (if wanted).
- Be available to provide emotional support to the birth parent’s extended family (if needed).
- Make sure that any agreed upon post-adoption contact is honored.
- Be available 24/7 to provide support to the birth family.
The right adoption agency is key to ensuring a positive and successful outcome for you, the birth father (if involved), the adoptive family and the baby.
Adoption Choices of Colorado, a licensed Colorado State adoption center, provides all the services needed to support birth parent(s) as they make an adoption plan for their child. Our adoption agency is able to support birth mothers from most States and has hands-on services in Colorado State.
To learn more about your adoption options, please contact us at Adoption Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.
All calls, texts, and e-mails are confidential and all services are free!