What Age Do I Have to Go Through The Adoption Process?
When you face an unplanned pregnancy, it can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t know what your options are. Firstly, it is your choice on choosing an option that feels the most comfortable to you. One of those options you may have chosen is Adoption. You may be asking yourself how to put a child up for adoption. That is why Adoption Choices of Colorado is here to help you every step of the way. We are here to offer you a lot of benefits and additional resources!
What is The Adoption Process and What Are The Main Steps?
The adoption process is a step by step guide when you are placing your baby for adoption. Moreover, it gives more in depth of who you will be working with and what tasks you will be doing. Here are the detailed steps:
Step 1: Contact Adoption Choices of Colorado
You can contact us in any form that is comfortable for you. These forms can include a phone call, video chat or in person!
Step 2. Schedule a Meeting With an Adoption Specialist.
When you meet with an adoption specialist, together you will go over your specific needs. Then, you will complete the important paperwork. You will then create an adoption plan. An adoption plan is a personalized and customized outline for you and your baby. You get to decide the provided topics that need to be addressed within the process.
Step 3: Review Specific Needs Assistance
We want to make sure you are supported through us at Adoption Choices of Colorado. Moreover, our agency will provide living expenses (court approved) if you need further assistance. Additionally, we fully help you look for assistance in taking care of medical expenses.
Step 4: Reviewing Family Profiles and Choosing an Adoptive Family
At adoption Aurora, your adoption specialist will assist you with finding an adoptive family. Therefore, you are able to choose a family that fits your needs. We will show you a variety of family profiles that have been carefully screened through us!
Step 5: Making a Hospital Plan
A hospital list is a personalized outline that details what you want or do not want during your stay at the hospital. Therefore, when you create one prior in going into labor, it will help you feel more prepared. It also gives a better understanding for your adoption specialist and your adoptive family.
Step 6: Post-Placement Support
We understand how emotional this process can be. That is why Adoption Choices of Colorado offers post-placement counseling. We want you to have a good support system with us and we want to make sure you are comfortable post adoption journey.
Our Adoption Agency Will Advocate for You Regardless of Your Age
There is no such thing as being “too old” or “too young” when you are placing your baby for adoption. Moreover, there is no cutoff age! When you choose Adoption in Colorado, we make sure to offer you all of the support, regardless of your age. Adoption Choices of Colorado is a fully licensed private adoption agency. We will advocate for you and your child’s needs. You have the right to be involved in every aspect of your adoption journey! Overall, what matters most is finding a nurturing and loving home for your child and guiding you through your journey,
The Available Resources to You Before, During and After Your Adoption Journey
Adoption in Colorado offers many great resources for you and your child! When you choose adoption, you are offered assistance related to medical, financial and post placement support. In fact, you are offered these resources before, during and after your adoption journey. Here is a more detailed insight of those factors.
- Insurance Assistance: Since Prenatal care and the delivery process is often covered by government issued medical insurance, you will be offered with this assistance firstly. Moreover, the adoptive parents are responsible for the baby’s medical and health coverage once the baby is born. Therefore, all you have to do is to sign the placement papers in order to make this happen.
- Medical Assistance: Since major fees, such as legal and medical fees, can add up quickly, it can be very overwhelming. This can be given by the fact that you may have initial stress of going through the process, And thinking about fees can add more stress in the process. However, you do not need to worry because you will be covered by Adoption Choices of Colorado. Any out-of-pocket expenses that are not covered through your health insurance, will be taken care of through your chosen adoptive parents.
- Housing Assistance: If you need further assistance in housing when choosing adoption, we will do our best to assist you with that. Moreover, we will make sure that we offer the healthiest and safest environment for you and your child. Overall, we want to make sure you are comfortable and safe in your place.
- Financial Adoption Assistance: Finances can put more stress on an individual, especially if they have enough on their mind. That is why our agency will offer resources to help take some stress away.
- Post Adoption Service: When you choose adoption through Adoption Choices of Colorado, you will be assisted with post-placement services or resources. Additionally, this includes counseling, therapy, support groups and many more. We also have post placement counseling services that are available to help you put together a customized plan for you and you only! Overall, we are here to help you.
A Message for You When Choosing Adoption
You are not alone in your journey. Going through an unplanned pregnancy can be scary and overwhelming. That is why Adoption Choices of Colorado is here to help you every step of the way. We will make sure that we provide support to your specific needs. We will offer you additional resources to help you further into your journey.
If you are a woman who is considering adoption, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.