Why Should I Place my Baby for Adoption in Aurora?
by Janae Pabon
Are you facing an unplanned pregnancy in Aurora, Colorado? Are you stressed out and nervous, trying to figure out what to do? Are you searching for how do I place my baby for adoption in Aurora? If you are unable to parent, adoption is a great and selfless choice for your baby. You can place your baby for adoption in Colorado at any point in the pregnancy, even last minute from the hospital.
Benefits of Placing my Baby for Adoption in Aurora
There are many reasons why adoption is a great choice for your baby if you cannot parent.
- Choosing to have a private adoption with one of our adoption agencies in Colorado means you get to take control of the adoption. You get to choose the family you will place your baby in, and you are able to dictate what kind of adoption you want. You have three general adoption options: a closed adoption (with no contact between you and the family or baby), semi-open adoption (with some contact), or open adoption (with significant contact).
- Your child will have access to opportunities they may not have been able to access, like an education, financial stability, and other life resources. The decision that you are unable to parent likely came from the fact that you may not be able to offer your baby everything it needs. By choosing adoption in Colorado, you are placing your baby in a secure household where they will have access to these opportunities.
- You can continue with your career goals and future plans. An unexpected pregnancy can completely change your life. Choosing to keep and raise your baby requires necessary lifestyle changes, and might prevent you from obtaining the goals you have set for yourself. Adoption allows you to continue following these dreams.
- By choosing adoption, you are providing a couple with a child, who may not have been able to have one. No matter the family’s reason for adopting, you are giving them a beautiful baby that they have been waiting to love, raise, and care for.
- When you choose adoption, many services and resources will become available to you. You can obtain financial help, medical help, and counseling, and you will be able to utilize these resources for a period of time after you give birth.
How to Proceed with an Placing Baby for Adoption in Colorado
So, you’ve decided to place your baby for adoption in Aurora. Where do you begin? There are a handful of steps that make up the adoption process, but to get the process rolling, here are the first couple of things you should do:
Step 1: Your first step will be to contact us, Adoption Choices of Colorado, so we can pair you with one of our Birth Parent Counselors. They can meet with you online, over the phone, or they can come to you in person so you can have your first meeting in the comfort of your Aurora home!
Step 2: Creating your adoption plan. One of the early steps in the adoption process is creating a plan for the adoption that outlines different guidelines that you may want to consider. You may not think of all the aspects of an adoption that you would personally want to finalize beforehand, so a counselor will ask you some questions. This adoption plan will outline the type of adoption (as mentioned earlier), what kind of family you would like for your baby (including location or quantity of household members), and much more.
The next few steps include selecting a family, creating a birth plan, and finalizing the adoption legally, but your counselor will help you with these as you move along in the process.
Don’t Hesitate to Choose Adoption
As an Aurora resident, you have access to one of our Colorado adoption agencies, where we will urgently help you as soon as you contact us. Placing your baby for adoption can be scary, but at Adoption Choices of Colorado, we are here for you. We will be right by your side to guide you through the process. Choosing adoption for your baby is a selfless and mature decision that holds many benefits for both you and the baby.
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and want to learn more about your adoption options, contact Adoption Choices of Colorado by email, phone, or text: Email Us, Text us: 720-371-1099, Call us: 303-670-4673 (HOPE). If you are hoping to adopt, please contact us here.